Is there a "Lite Lobby" example for photon cloud ?

Options
Hi,

I just wondered, is there a simple photon cloud "Lite Lobby" example somewhere ?
If not, what should i modify in the server's example to make it work ?

thx

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Let's turn this around: What features are you looking for?
    LiteLobby is built for a single server with rooms and a lobby that lists them. The Photon Cloud does the same but with many servers. In many ways, it improves on the ideas of "Lite Lobby".
    As you posted in "Photon Unity Networking" thread: You can use the Photon Unity Networking (PUN) packages from the Asset Store to learn using the Cloud or you can use our Unity3D Client SDK if you're looking for a less Unity-networking-alike API.

Find them here:
    http://exitgames.com/download
    And the PUN Package is linked here:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/101734 ... Networking
  • Paradoks
    Options
    In fact i was looking for something like:
    a place where all the players connected can talk before joinning a game.
    a kind of pre-room or something. Exactly like in the Lite Lobby - but with the ability to join a game after.

But i will check those links now, thx
  • Paradoks
    Options
    What would be the equivalent in cloud for :

[code2=csharp]if (this.ChatPhotonClient.ActorNumbersInRoom != null){

foreach (int actorNr in this.ChatPhotonClient.ActorNumbersInRoom){

string name = this.ChatPhotonClient.GetActorPropertyNameOf(actorNr);
    if (this.ChatPhotonClient.ActorNumber == actorNr){

GUILayout.Label(name, HiglightStyle);
    }
    else{

GUILayout.Label(name);
    }
    }
    }[/code2]

assuming that i am connected to a room called "GlobalChat" - wich will be a transition room before changing to a real game room.

thx
  • Tobias
    Options
    PhotonNetwork.otherPlayers is an array of players. Each has a name property.
    There is a API reference pdf in the PUN package. This should explain some details.
  • I don't see any reference to PhotonNetwork or otherPlayers in either Unity SDK's pdfs. I searched both. Can you give more details? How come there isn't an API doc on the Photon website?
  • Tobias
    Options
    The package includes all code of PUN and the comments for that should show up without issue in any IDE. Just type in: PhotonNetwork.otherPlayers and hover over the code. Or open the quick documentation for some description.

If you downloaded a recent Photon Unity Networking package from the Asset Store, then you also got PhotonNetwork-Documentation.pdf (just "PhotonNetwork-Documentation" in the project window in the Unity Editor). This api reference is not in older PUN versions though.

We support a lot of platforms and so far, we could not find a good way to get the docs for them online. At least not in a way that is consistent, lean, up to date AND that supports older versions. Due to that, we currently prefer to hand out the docs with the SDKs / packages. That will always match what you currently use.