appID and Region URL?

Options
Hello again,

So I am having trouble finding where my appID is in my Unity Photon Plugin...

I recall Pasting in my appID into the Photon Plugin when I first imported the Plugin into my Project, but how do I manually changed my appID? which script can I find this?

also where do I change the Region URL? According to this: http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-cloud/Regions/
we can now set a default Master Server (Region) URL.

How do I change my Master Server (Region) URL? I assume it's done inside a script, I did find something that showed app.exitgamescloud.com, but not sure if that's where I update it.

Sorry for the Noob Questions...

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    Its not in a script nowadays anymore (unless you use the manual connect), its handled through the configuration window thats provided through the unity editor menues.
  • dreamora wrote:
    Its not in a script nowadays anymore (unless you use the manual connect), its handled through the configuration window thats provided through the unity editor menues.

ah OK... sounds good, and easier i guess...

Do you know if players accessing a game from Different Regions, will they be able to connect and play with players in different Regions?

In other words... if I am on the US Region, and another player is on Asia Region, will we be able to play together? or does the Region Master Servers Separate the Players into seperate Game Servers on the Region, so Players are basically Isolated to playing with Players from that Region Only..?

Which is cool performance wise, but sucks if you just Launched a game that needs to build Player Base, so Separating the Players into Separate Regions may be a bad idea...

But I guess this all depends on what kind of game your are building...
  • dreamora
    Options
    Kuroato wrote:
    dreamora wrote:

ah OK... sounds good, and easier i guess...

Do you know if players accessing a game from Different Regions, will they be able to connect and play with players in different Regions?

No. different region means different clusters.
    The listing of games is limited to the cluster you are on at the time.

If this is good or bad depends on the game. The easiest way to avoid it is to start out with USA / EU only and add other regions as those regions gain enough traction for example.
    Thats how more or less all games do it kinda.
  • Gotcha! Yep makes sense... i'll just have to monitor my Google Analytics to monitor the source / region traffic to later determine if I need to host other Game Clients pointing to different Regions.

Thanks alot, makes Sense! = )