Please Help! InvalidOperationException: out of sync

carmine
carmine ✭✭
I'm all of a sudden getting this error and my game is now unplayable! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the error message:

InvalidOperationException: out of sync
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.Int32,ExitGames.Client.Photon.NCommand].VerifyState () (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/3df08680c6f85295/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:912)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.Int32,ExitGames.Client.Photon.NCommand].MoveNext () (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/3df08680c6f85295/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:835)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+KeyCollection+Enumerator[System.Int32,ExitGames.Client.Photon.NCommand].MoveNext () (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/3df08680c6f85295/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:1028)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
PhotonHandler.Update () (at /Data/DEVELOPMENT/SpaceGame/Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:65)

Comments

• This looks like a bug we fixed already. Are you using PUN 1.17? If you use an older version, please update (and replace all files in the Plugins/PhotonNetwork/ folder).
  • Tobias wrote:
    This looks like a bug we fixed already. Are you using PUN 1.17? If you use an older version, please update (and replace all files in the Plugins/PhotonNetwork/ folder).

Already checked this... I went to the asset store and it's not saying "there is a new version".

-Carmine
  • Hm. That's odd.
    Maybe for some reason your dll isn't the latest. It really shouldn't happen anymore - much less in a regular way.

a) You could download the attached zip to replace your library files with those in the zip. Then re-build and try.
    b) If that doesn't help: I could use a repro case. Can you give me your project in any way? I can take a look then. Send it to: developer@exitgames.com please with a reference to this post?

Thanks.
  • Tobias wrote:
    Hm. That's odd.
    Maybe for some reason your dll isn't the latest. It really shouldn't happen anymore - much less in a regular way.

a) You could download the attached zip to replace your library files with those in the zip. Then re-build and try.
    b) If that doesn't help: I could use a repro case. Can you give me your project in any way? I can take a look then. Send it to: developer@exitgames.com please with a reference to this post?

Thanks.

I re-downloaded PUN 1.17....
    The dll's in this attached zip are smaller than the ones that are in the asset store. Just double checking?

Also... which one should I use? Debug or Release?
  • Tobias wrote:
    Hm. That's odd.

Thanks.

I got everything working again.... by doing the following:

- I deleted the photon folder from my project
    - Went to the asset store and you can click the little arrow next to import to make it re-download
    - let it import again and everything was fine.
  • I wish I knew why this happens sometimes with Editor imports. They might get broken or not update a file.
    So, in the end, you still had the older library in your project and the new one's fix works for you too. Very relieving.