Javascript

Options
Good afternoon,

I have a few questions as i am new to this site. I am in th process of building a game and obviously want this to b a multiplayer game. I hav noticed in the tutorials the code is in C#, i need to know the following:

- Is there a tutorial similar for Javascript or can implement this code in my game where most of the scripting is Javascript based and if so could you direct me to a link.

- once this code is implemented judging by the tutorials, i take it once i have put this on my web site they can login and just join a room as such.

I hope my information was clear as i am just trying to get my head around all of this.

Kind regards

David :)

Comments

• Hi David,

The Javascript SDK has two samples and includes the API doc.
    Other than that there is no further tutorial or else.

The current SDK is for Photon Server running the Lite application.
    An updated devkit supporting Photon Cloud and Loadbalancing is on its way, w/o any eta as of now.

That said, the available samples cover the below requirements you mention and you can update on the way where needs be.
    I do not expect the API to change for JS' Photon Peer that much to cause major headaches when doing so ;)

Sorry, I know that is not much but the best we can offer you right now.

Best,
    Stefan
  • Hi Stefan,

So just clear this up i would have to use the current tutorial when connecting users in C#, could those code snippets be implemented in my Javascript game at all, i just need to know if that possible if so great:

-could you send me the link for the Javascript one
    - does the Javascript examples connect as many users as the C# one

Kind regards

David
  • Does this also mean in a nutshell i will nee to write my game in C# rather that Javascipt to work with the Photon Cloud coul you confirm this

Kind regards

David
  • dreamora
    Options
    Correct and incorrect.

You are right that Javascript has no Photon LoadBalancing client at the time, so you can not use Javascript to connect to the cloud, you would need to host an own instance.
    But you are incorrect in believing that you must use C#. There are other SDKs available as well for Photon Cloud / LoadBalancing