Problems connecting to room

Options
So I create two instances of my game. One within the unity editor, and one as its own build. When I try to join a room however both clients create their own room instead of joining the other open one. This used to work before but suddenly has not. Does anyone have any suggestions for what it could be? Both instances are being played on the same computer.

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Nitro0,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Make sure to read the "Matchmaking Checklist" especially point 2.
  • Nitro0
    Options
    JohnTube said:

Hi @Nitro0,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Make sure to read the "Matchmaking Checklist" especially point 2.

So I took a look at the APP ID, it seems to be correct. Re-copying and pasting had no effect.

I looked at the region area and it seems to be giving me some problems.
    Where do you set the region? I tried doing the following:

PhotonNetwork.ConnectToRegion("cae");
    //PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings();

Commented out the ConnectUsingSettings() that I was using previously and it gave me the following error:

OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 32767 (Invalid application id). Parameters: {} Server: NameServer Address: ns.exitgames.com:5058
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:1835)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:1909)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(StreamBuffer) (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/PeerBase.cs:616)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands() (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/EnetPeer.cs:545)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands() (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotnet/PhotonPeer.cs:1473)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:130)

Commented out that first line gets rid of the error but doesn't fix my problem.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You set the region in the PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.FixedRegion, either in code or in the Unity Editor before calling ConnectUsingSettings.