Room Moderator creating and maintaining named rooms

I have a need to have moderator create a named room with certain expiry time. In this regard, please let me know how the concept/object of room is cleaned up and destroyed. I have noticed that we have seen the option to clearcashe upon player exit. But if I cleate rooms - say 1 day in advance, is there any implication? Does Photon server clear the unused rooms?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ishwar,

Is this really about Photon Voice?

Photon rooms are cleaned up by the game server once the room becomes empty and EmptyRoomTTL expires.
    You can explicitly clear events cache without waiting for players to leave.

I have a need to have moderator create a named room with certain expiry time.
    But if I cleate rooms - say 1 day in advance, is there any implication? Does Photon server clear the unused rooms?
    The use case is not clear to me. What are you trying to achieve exactly?
    Photon rooms are not meant to be alive for day(s).
  • Thanks for the response. My usecase is about EduTech with a training room moderator scheduling trainings and I intend to have some sessions pre-scheduled with role play.
    Please let me know what you suggest for such scenarios.
  • RoomTTL is one option then? Is there any published default roomTTL value for Photon cloud?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ishwar,

In Photon only clients can create rooms.
    RoomTTL is limited to 5 minutes on the public Photon Cloud and is not suitable for this use case I think.

You could try room persistence to save and load rooms' states to make it look like rooms are alive for longer than they really are.

My colleague @Kaiserludi explains this here.