(2018.3) Add Component not working

Hi, when after updating to 2018.3 i can no long add any components......

So after removing and reinstalling PUN its working again. delete this.

I get this errror:

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].Add (System.String key, System.String value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404)
UnityEditor.AdvancedDropdown.AddComponentDataSource.GetMenuDictionary () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/AddComponent/AddComponentDataSource.cs:70)
UnityEditor.AdvancedDropdown.AddComponentDataSource.RebuildTree () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/AddComponent/AddComponentDataSource.cs:17)
UnityEditor.AdvancedDropdown.AddComponentDataSource.FetchData () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/AddComponent/AddComponentDataSource.cs:10)
UnityEditor.AdvancedDropdown.AdvancedDropdownDataSource.ReloadData () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/AdvancedDropdown/AdvancedDropdownDataSource.cs:22)

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
  • I'm getting the same error with unity 2018.3 and the other solutions didn't fix it
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @zanella,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What is the exact Unity 2018.3 version do you use? is it 2018.3.4?

What PUN version are you using?
    Try updating to the latest and see if it helps?

Do you have other assets imported in the same project?
  • Hello! I'm having the same issue with Unity 2018.3.8. Upgraded from Unity 5.4.6 (skipped a bunch of versions but that's just because Unity's Physics was too wonky for my game after 5.4 and before 2018.3, but that's another story). I'm on an older version of PUN v 1.86.1. So that might be the problem. I'll see if the issue persists after updating to the latest version of PUN.

Drag & dropping scripts or adding components via the Component menu works so it's not the end of the world for now.
  • Late reply, because we just came across this again: The issue happens in 2018.3 and up. The AddComponentMenu for the PhotonView class is not allowed to include a keyboard-shortcut. It's fixed in PUN Classic v1.95.1 and PUN v2.6.