Port settings for Unity 2018 game running in Photon cloud

Hi all,

I wanted to show a friend a game I'd made with Unity that runs on Photon PUN cloud today behind the firewall of his corporate network. While doing this via his office wifi was no problem connecting to the Master Server failed via his LAN. This got me to wondering about the feasibility of distributing my game to people working in various well-defended network environments and not just from home or the local Starbucks. Question: can someone tell me exactly what ports must be opened to get a game running in the Photon cloud to work and not make me feel silly when I go to demo my "masterpiece" to people?

Answers

• Hi @legrandtimonier1951,

please take a look at the TCP and UDP Port Numbers documentation page. It contains all ports used by Photon.
  • Many thanks for your reply. I did see this info, but now there is the problem of negotiating with the network admin person to open the right ports up. Not always easy in highly secure environments. Guess that's just the way it is and it's a hurdle that must be overcome. Or suggest the target audience work from home.