PUN + Steamworks API

Hey,

Is there a built-in way for me to make a room that is visible only to my steam friends? If not then what are the possibilities?

I thought of 2 ways:
The first, when creating a room:
Get a list of all your Steam friends. Make a room, with them as expected users.

The second, when trying to join one:
Rooms are created with the creator's steam name in the room name. Get a list of all your Steam friends. To the user, display only those rooms, which have a Steam friend's name included in them.

Are there any better ways to achieve this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @FrostyMixi,

I'm not familiar with the Steamworks API and the additional possibilities it provides. I just thought about another option which would be 'less automatic'. When using this option, one client would create a new room and mark it as 'not visible'. This can be done by using the RoomOptions' property IsVisible. If the room is not visible, it won't get listed in the lobby and can't be joined randomly. You would have to use the room's name to join it. when this room is created, the client in the room can invite friends from his friends list. This is at least one approach I have seen on another game made with PUN. Again I'm not familiar with the Steamworks API, maybe it provides certain ways to handle things different.