PUN2 Lobby Issue

Options
Gage_IAG
Gage_IAG ✭✭
So i noted in the new notes that joing a lobby is not something we should do, however I would like to get the current room list and populate a server list (precise timings arent required for the game) just as id do in legacy PUN. Can anyone shed some light on this as all i see is things about LoadBalancingClient/Peer and i never touched those in legacy PUN. Thanks.

Also heres the error when i call PhotonNetwork.JoinLobby(); from public override void OnConnectedToMaster()
-
OpJoinLobby is only allowed when connected to a Master Server. Current Server: MasterServer, current State: ConnectingToNameServer

Best Answer

• Gage_IAG
    Gage_IAG ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @JohnTube Sorry I had to swap back to PUN classic as i never had issues there. I tried the PUN 2 conversion and all was fine, rooms, properties, etc except lobbies.

I have 2 clients that require updates so i cant spend more time on PUN 2 on top of the work i already have to do what you ask. Thanks for replying at least.

Answers

• Gage_IAG
    Gage_IAG ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Semms now that error isnt posting when i use ConnectWithSettings however even when i call JoinLobby the same way nothing happens, no callback response either.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi @Gage_IAG,

In order to help you, we need to understand the issue you are trying to report and describe.

Could you provide PUN version, Unity version and minimal steps to reproduce?
    What is the expected behaviour according to you and the behaviour you see, provide screenshots or logs for that.
  • Gage_IAG
    Gage_IAG ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @JohnTube Sorry I had to swap back to PUN classic as i never had issues there. I tried the PUN 2 conversion and all was fine, rooms, properties, etc except lobbies.

I have 2 clients that require updates so i cant spend more time on PUN 2 on top of the work i already have to do what you ask. Thanks for replying at least.