Cross Platform Question with Photon Unity Networking Classic - FREE - SOLVED

Options
Hello!

I'm using Photon Unity Networking Classic - FREE version with Voice Chat. In Unity, if I keep my platform type as Android, I can run my application in the editor and on the Android device, they both connect to the same room and all is well.

If I change my Unity platform type to PC, and change nothing, I can no longer have the Unity ( in Platform type PC ) and the Android version talk to each other.

Is this a limitation of Photon Unity Networking Classic - FREE or is there something I could be looking at? As I stated, I literally changed nothing, just the platform type in the Unity Editor.

Thanks!

Comments

• Actually, it does work, just not in the Editor.

I make a PC build and it worked connecting to the Android device, just cannot test using the Editor with different platform type.
  • The solution is: Once you change platform type, restart your Unity. Solved the problem for me.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @matrix211v1,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

just cannot test using the Editor with different platform type.
    You mean if you change the target platform in Unity Editor you can no longer match the Unity Editor client with the client from the build? Could you go through the "Matchmaking Checklist" and verify that both clients have the same Region, AppId, AppVersion, PUN Version, GameVersion, etc.

I'm interested this better and preferably avoid the restart workaround.
  • matrix211v2
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JohnTube said:

You mean if you change the target platform in Unity Editor you can no longer match the Unity Editor client with the client from the build?

That is correct. I have not checked against the "Matchmaking Checklist" but I will.