Do serialization messages from multiple PhotonViews with the same owner get bundled before sending?

Options
I'm curious about this with regards to the msg/sec limit....

If I am the owner of multiple objects with PhotonViews in the scene, do those serialization messages get bundled before being sent to the master client? For example if I own 2 balls or something that are serializing 10x/sec, am I sending 20 messages per second or 10?

Also, no matter how many scripts you observe on a single PhotonView, that PhotonView only sends 10x/sec right? (not 10x for each observed behaviour?)

Comments

• legend411
    Options
    Bump :)

Also, another question: do RPC's obey PhotonNetwork.SendRate, and get bundled with serialization messages?

For instance, I'm migrating a project from UNET to Photon in which my guns send RPC's for firing messages. If a player is sending 10x firing messages per second, is he sending 20 messages per second (transform sync + firing messages)? Or is PhotonNetwork bundling and sending them together?
  • legend411
    Options
    Shameless bump.

I guess no matter the amount of PhotonViews or RPCs, if PhotonNetwork.sendRate functions as described (and you're not calling PhotonNetwork.SendOutgoingCommands()), clients should theoretically not be able to send more than sendRate messages per second.

Is this the case? Would really love a confirmation.
  • legend411
    Options
    Bumpin this one more time, should be pretty easy to answer?
  • legend411
    Options
    I lied, bump :\

Put simply, how does PhotonNetwork.sendRate work, and do RPC's and multiple owned PhotonViews obey it/get aggregated into those sends?