How do we get a correct timer if Photon.Time & Photon.ServerTimestamp have a wrap around?

The documentation seems a bit odd in PUN2 for PhotonNetwork.Time in that it has some wrap around to 0 which could really mess with timers. Also it references a v1.55 update where the changelog states the following

"PhotonNetwork.time so that it's always positive, even on iOS 64bit exports. Note: this time value does not start at 0 and it will "wrap around" from 4294967.295 to 0! Use with care - we will implement a better soltion asap."

Lastly there is this article which summarizes my thoughts on the timer

PhotonNetwork Time Online Timer

How are we suppose to ensure we have a correct timer on the wrap around?

Comments

• confused by this as well. None of the examples I have seen seem to take into account the possibility of Time or ServerTimestamp wrapping around. Did you find a good solution?

Thanks
  • S_Oliver
    S_Oliver ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    HI @BigGameCo ,
    for a while ive written a timer(countdown timer,round timer) for a project, where i used it for a Lobby and match rounds.
    https://gist.github.com/SradnickDev/de0d8bc9d6467f9705a23ed7e047c0e0
    Its maybe a bit to much but i never had any issues with the Time wrapping around.
  • Thanks for that. I did look at your example while investigating this. Did you build it in a way that took wrapping into account or have you just never actually had a problem with it?
  • S_Oliver
    S_Oliver ✭✭✭
    I never had a problem this.So i did not.
  • OK thanks again.