Preventing networked instantiation

Hey! I'm running into a slightly weird use case I could use some guidance on. I need to have a conventional multiplayer game that an unconventional client connects to to stream in some information. The unconventional client is running on a mobile device, and I don't want to have a bunch of unnecessary local logic (like other players), since it would slow down and possibly crash the device, which exists solely to broadcast information to other clients. Is there a way to prevent PhotonNetwork.Instantiate calls from running on a particular client?

Thanks for your help,
Andre

Comments

• Hi @AndreFOO,

there is no way to prevent network instantiations by default. However you would have the possibility to change some of PUN's source code to prevent network instantiation on a certain device.

Another way would be, to use Manual Instantiation and let a certain client ignore the custom instantiation call.
  • Alright, thank you. I ended up just putting all the client logic on a switch that's disabled by default and gets turned on on the clients where it's needed. Not the most elegant, but it works.