Has Photon Bolt an offline mode?

I would like to use the same code for singleplayer and multiplayer mode

Has Bolt an offline mode like PUN?

Comments

• Yeah, I would love to know too. It would be time consuming if we need to maintain another code set for single player mode.
  • Singleplayer mode in Bolt is just acting as a host/server. There is no need to keep a separate codebase for singleplayer and multiplayer.
  • But if a single Player game counts towards the CCU?
  • BoltLauncher.StartSinglePlayer();
  • Thanks. I tried. But seems StartSinglePlayer still counts as 1 CCU. I can see it consumed 1 CCU without any rooms created in the Analyze page. Could you confirm it is by design?
  • Update to the new version
  • Bump,
    Does the newer version support the following?
    - Offline LAN (Connected to same wifi, LAN)
    - Platforms - Mobile to Mobile, PC to PC, Mobile to PC

Please let me know if any of this is achievable.
    Thanks in advance.
  • @sid_juego Bolt Free supports LAN and requires an internet connection.

Yes Bolt supports cross platform.
  • @stanchion Is it going to connect with the cloud to get the list of players?
  • Yes it allows you to connect to someone playing on LAN and if you want other people outside LAN can come play too.
  • @stanchion I am making a PC game for steam and iOS devices.I have following queries -
    - Mobile LAN and cross platform LAN (works with Photon BOLT, as confirmed above)
    - So offline won't be a part that BOLT would handle.
    - is it going to connect with the cloud to get the list of players for that game and then allow a LAN/Wifi session to work?
    - Will steam's multiplayer apis interfere with the BOLT?
    - BOLT would also need a custom server, right? Or we need to purchase a server to set up the multiplayer code?
    - Find All devices connected in LAN
    - Create Match Making
    - Create Game room
    - Handle Game leave / Disconnect condition

Please let me know if any of this is achievable.
    Your help will be highly appreciated in letting us decide the best solution to add in the game.

Thanks,
  • "- is it going to connect with the cloud to get the list of players for that game and then allow a LAN/Wifi session to work?"
    See previous reply.
    "- Will steam's multiplayer apis interfere with the BOLT?"
    No, you can use voice chat, friends, etc from Steam as you wish.
    "- BOLT would also need a custom server, right? Or we need to purchase a server to set up the multiplayer code?"
    You don't need to do server hosting unless you're concerned about server authority or games ending when the host who created the room leaves.
    "- Find All devices connected in LAN"
    You might want to try the LAN mode for Photon Bolt, it'll answer a lot of your questions.
  • Of course, I will try that and get back to you if I have any other questions/clarifications.
    Really appreciated your help @stanchion
  • and matchmaking @stanchion ?
  • @stanchion
    In bolt
    If master (client) leaves the room (which means Game Over), will I be able to update game status (like Win, draw) to another player?
  • If you have an external matchmaking facilitator to keep track of wins and losses, you can have other players report a disconnect which would be registered as a loss for the player that dropped out.
  • stanchion said:

Singleplayer mode in Bolt is just acting as a host/server. There is no need to keep a separate codebase for singleplayer and multiplayer.

Does Singleplayer mode in Bolt require internet connection to work?
  • Cronos said:

stanchion said:

Singleplayer mode in Bolt is just acting as a host/server. There is no need to keep a separate codebase for singleplayer and multiplayer.

Does Singleplayer mode in Bolt require internet connection to work?
    Nope
  • A short extension to the question:
    when using startSingleplayer(), can you still use bolt events to send from "server" to "client"? Or startSingleplayer() is the same as "Player As Server" button on the Bolt Scenes tab?
    (i.e. Instead of using events, I have to call methods directly in someway.)

Like if in multiplayer mode, I have an event to show box from server to client. In singleplayer mode, can I initialize the GlobalEventListener and receive the show box event as a client? Or I have to call showBox() directly in the place where I call event.send() from server side code.
  • In single-player mode, you are the server as far as Bolt is concerned. If you send an event with the normal overloads, you'll just instantly receive it yourself.
  • I want to create a multiplayer game based on LAN and local connection where no internet is used. What should I go for? Photon, Bolt or Mirror?