PUN 2 + Unity Beta (2018.3)

Options
Hi,

I'm just starting to use Photon PUN for the first time. I noticed I couldn't get 2 players to join the same room using the Beta 2018.3.0b2. They both connected, but in 2 different rooms.

I went back to 2018.2 and it worked fine.

I was testing the PunBasics-Tutorial with no changes.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• ccf
    ccf
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I was just about to make a thread about this myself.

I'm using 2018.2 myself but it's happening to me too. Using join random room, but both players create their own rooms.

Edit: this also happens when joining a specific room by name, it won't join even if the room exists and creates a new one. Please help soon.
  • curreta
    Options
    For me, the temporary fix is to hard set the region in the settings. Not the actual fix, but it kept things going.
  • ccf
    Options
    I also managed to somehow fix this by going playing the cockpit demo and just pressing a lot of the buttons. I'm actually not sure what that did, but it works now.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hey guys, did you read the "Best Region Considerations"?
    if you are using "ConnectAndJoinRandom" Utility Script make sure to have the same GameVersion as that script uses this:
    PhotonNetwork.GameVersion = this.Version + "." + SceneManagerHelper.ActiveSceneBuildIndex;
    @curreta why do you think that's a "temporary fix"? did you try "Dashboard Regions Filtering"?
  • curreta
    curreta
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @JohnTube I consider it temporary because it's not immediately clear why PUN would select 2 different regions with 2 clients on the same computer. It's fixed meaning I can continue working, but temporary as in I'm sure there's more to think about (like reading that doc fully).