Facebook login (problem)

Options
Hello,
I followed the tutorials from here: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/current/demos-and-tutorials/pun-and-facebook-custom-authentication , and did everything like said. But when tray to play game in Unity Editor, i get 3 errors:

Operation failed: OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 32755 (Authentication type not supported). Parameters: {} Server: NameServer
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1623)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:158)

Custom Authentication failed (either due to user-input or configuration or AuthParameter string format). Calling: OnCustomAuthenticationFailed()
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1660)
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:158)

Error authenticating to Photon using facebook: Authentication type not supported
UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(String, Object[])
FBImplementation:OnCustomAuthenticationFailed(String) (at Assets/Scripts/FBImplementation.cs:89)
UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
NetworkingPeer:SendMonoMessage(PhotonNetworkingMessage, Object[]) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:2838)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1661)

How to resolve this problem?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @EvilElephant,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Authentication type not supported

This means that you did not setup a facebook authentication for your app.

If you did then wait for some time for the configuration to be propagated properly.
    Also double check settings and AppId used.
  • Thanks for quick answer.
    I started new project from beginning, and I now it doesn't trow errors. Maybe it was something that I messed up later in my project.
    Can you tell me is there some tutorials on how to make multiplayer game using Photon in Unity, with facebook authentication?