In which order to do everything?

Hello! I used to use Photon Cloud for games with rooms for 2-5 people. It's time to try to make an MMO prototype game. For this, I want to use a server. I'm using Unity3d 2018.

Where do I start? I downloaded the server and the license. What should I download for Unity3d? Can I use the same Asset I used for Photon Cloud which is on assetstore?

I downloaded SDK v4.1.1.17 and inserted in Unity3d 2018 in the log in a clean project there were errors, what did I do wrong?

Comments

• Hi @AkaruZ,

Where do I start? I downloaded the server and the license. What should I download for Unity3d? Can I use the same Asset I used for Photon Cloud which is on assetstore?

When working with Unity you can either use PUN from the Asset Store or download the Unity Realtime SDK from our page.

I downloaded SDK v4.1.1.17 and inserted in Unity3d 2018 in the log in a clean project there were errors, what did I do wrong?

It seems that this SDK is not compatible with Unity 2018 out of the box. To make it compatible you can add the UNITY_2018 compile define to each file in the PhotonLoadbalancingApi folder.

In the LoadBalancingClient class you will find #if UNITY_4_7 || UNITY_5 || UNITY_5_0 || UNITY_5_1 || UNITY_2017 for example. After adding the new compile define, this line should look like this: #if UNITY_4_7 || UNITY_5 || UNITY_5_0 || UNITY_5_1 || UNITY_2017 || UNITY_2018.
  • This
    PUN 2

also work with On Premises Server?
  • AkaruZ said:

This
    PUN 2

also work with On Premises Server?

Yes, it does.
  • Thanks for the help!