Master Client Problem

Hello!

I am currently working on Photon PUN and have a problem. I want to create a multiplayer game, similar in construction to WoW.

My problem is: I'm running the Connect. Then the Connect to the master, to the lobby and then I lead all the players into a room. When I use it that way, a client is always the master client. As I understood it, now all players are dependent on the master client, for example, when changing the scene.

Is it possible that no player is the master client? So that a room is always active? I do not need any rooms, all players should use a room.

Can you help me? Many Thanks!

Greetings from Anubis

Comments

• Hi @Anubis,

Is it possible that no player is the master client?

No, there is always exact one MasterClient. This is by design.

As I understood it, now all players are dependent on the master client, for example, when changing the scene.

Not necessarily. If you for example disable the PhotonNetwork.automaticallySyncScene option, clients can load different scenes locally while being connected to the same room. This way they won't load another scene when the MasterClient does.

For the entire topic, I would recommend you taking a look at this question from the FAQ.