Photon Server Public IP not Work!

So, I downloaded the "Self-Hosted" photon sdk to create and run a proper server, but when I choose "Local IP" on the photon control game server, I can connect to the same network (as expected), however when I choose "public IP" or "Public ip detect", it does not enter.

When I Execute The Action Of "run client test" by the photon gives error, and does not connect ("Games dont exist").

I saw that several people had the same problem, already tried everything, open router ports, leave ip fixed !, but nothing works.

I read on photon's website that the minimum requirements to run the sdk server would be:

-Windows 8 ... (I have the 7)

or even asking for windows server 2012.

I'll have to format my PC? to install windows server? or windows 8? how confusing

Comments

• Hi, @DbVIndie

you should be aware of your public ip. if you are behind a router, our service will return in best case router public IP which is not attached to your hardware. that is why it will not work.

another reason for 'Game does not exists' is a known issue in our test client. Connections are created too fast and sometimes they try to join games which does not exist yet

best,
    ilya
  • @DbVIndie open file deploy\bin_tools\stardust.client\Photon.StarDust.Client.exe.config and change parameter StartupInterval from 150 to 450

this may help

best,
    ilya
  • DbVIndie
    DbVIndie
    edited August 2018
    Ow thanks! MAYBE help me in my problem
  • a question, No Photon Control, Does the ip of my router appear right? if I check this option "public IP" do I need to pass the IP from the router or from the computer to the "ServerSettings" within unity? help me on this...
  • if you and your server behind a router, you should pass IP address of your server computer

best,
    ilya