Friends list HELP

Hi, the biggest struggle i have is making the friends list as they are not working correctly. I am using Playmaker but i am asking here to know whether i am doing it wrongly or the problem lies with playmaker. It's also difficult to get answers from the playmaker forum.

Here's my steps:
1. Joined lobby. Friends list is empty.
2. Add friend 'Charles' to the list and then using 'Photon network find friends'
3. I got a failure event when I tried to get the status from the friends list.

It seems that the friend wasn't being added.

Please do help me with this one. I am using Unity 2017.1.2f1.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @iikii,

if you haven't done this already, I would recommend you taking a look at the UserIDs and Friends documentation page. It also covers an example how to use the FindFriends function and how to handle the following response from the server.
  • Hi @iikii,

if you haven't done this already, I would recommend you taking a look at the UserIDs and Friends documentation page. It also covers an example how to use the FindFriends function and how to handle the following response from the server.

Hi, i already have done the player nickname and user id before finding friends. It's all done in the lobby.

I think i got a better understanding the problem that i am facing.

How does one add a friend to the friend list? I thought that I can simply add a friend's name to the array list and then using 'find friends' > Friend list update but this is not working. I must be doing it wrongly or missing some kind of information.

thanks
  • How does one add a friend to the friend list? I thought that I can simply add a friend's name to the array list and then using 'find friends' > Friend list update but this is not working.

No, you would have to know the UserID of a friend before adding him. Having his UserID you can use the PhotonNetwork.FindFriends function. Afterwards OnUpdatedFriendList() is called and you know, that your friends list is updated.
  • How does one add a friend to the friend list? I thought that I can simply add a friend's name to the array list and then using 'find friends' > Friend list update but this is not working.

No, you would have to know the UserID of a friend before adding him. Having his UserID you can use the PhotonNetwork.FindFriends function. Afterwards OnUpdatedFriendList() is called and you know, that your friends list is updated.
    That's what I have done - adding my friend userid name to the list and then using 'FindFriends'. but not working. I will try doing it again and see what's wrong.

Thanks for the clarification.