System.Exception: Native socket has receive error or is disconnected: 5

Hello !

Recently, we have released our title for the Nintendo Switch. We're using Unity3D 5.6.5p1 and PUN v1.88. When testing the game online, a few weeks and months ago, everything was working perfectly. However, as of recently, we started getting this error, when calling the ConnectToNameServer() method:

"Receive issue. State: Connected. Server: 'nameserver-eu.cloudapp.net' Exception: System.Exception: Native socket has receive error or is disconnected: 5
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketUdpNativeStatic.ReceiveLoop () [0x00000] in :0
at System.Threading.ThreadStart.Invoke () [0x00000] in :0

For some reason, this issue doesn't happen in the Steam version, it connects just fine. I spent the whole day trying to figure out was causing this issue, but was unable to find a solution. I tried changing PhotonServerSettings from UDP to TCP, to Websocket/Websocket secure, but nothing happened. I also tried commenting some platform-specific verifications in the code, to test if they were influencing anything, but to no success.

Any tips on how to solve this ? I really have no idea what is causing this issue. Our game was released 2 weeks ago in Japan, and the online mode was working fine, but now, players aren't even able to connect to the online mode.

Kind regards,

Eduardo Silveira

Comments

• I'm sorry for double posting, but I didn't find an Edit functionality, but here's more info:

We're using the platform-specific add-ons (the .a files), which are only avaiable to users who have the platform license. When I searched for those files again, today, in the SDK section of the site, I didn't find them anymore. (The PUN Switch add-ons). Would the solution be removing them from the project ?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Madmimic,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Console information cannot be shared on public.
    Send an email to developer@photonengine.com.
This discussion has been closed.