Is OnConnectedToMaster called?

Options
FBI
FBI
First off, I'm on Unity 2018.1.2f1. I've implemented a simple button, which I use to connect to the Photon Cloud.
public void connectToPhoton() {
        PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings(version);
        Debug.Log("[DEBUG] Connecting to the Photon server...");
}

private void OnConnectedToMaster() {
        PhotonNetwork.JoinLobby(TypedLobby.Default);
        Debug.Log("[DEBUG] Connection to the Photon server has been successfully established.");
}

private void OnJoinedLobby() {
        introView.SetActive(false);
        connectionView.SetActive(false);
        lobbyView.SetActive(true); // <= This is where I switch views to show that I have connected successfully
        Debug.Log("[DEBUG] Player entered the lobby.");
}
The view switch doesn't happen, though. From the logs I can see that I am indeed connected:

Connected to masterserver.
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
NetworkingPeer:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:2096)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:InitCallback()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:158)

What am I missing? Thank you!

Comments

• Hi @FBI,

have you enabled PhotonNetwork.autoJoinLobby? In this case OnConnectedToMaster() won't be called, instead OnJoinedLobby() is called. Am I right in assuming that this is not called either? Which of your Debug.Log calls are actually logged to the console?
  • FBI
    Options
    Hi, thanks for trying to help! I have found out the issue. I'll post it for future reference: The connection could not be established because I disabled the button right after it tried to connect, therefore also disabling the script.