"Receiving failed. SocketException: ConnectionReset" in a clean project Unity 2018.1.1f1

I would like this removed. Because I created a new one as a question

Hey
Am Geting
Receiving failed. SocketException: ConnectionReset
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/AssetStore/Exit Games/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1572)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.<>c__DisplayClass99_0:b__0()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.TPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/AssetStore/Exit Games/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:153)

in a clean project of Unity 2018.1.1f1
All I do is t"ry to connect using PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings("0.3"); in void Start()

My logs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10xtj-y91612hGqhfs3Ush8s2F_RFg6AN/view?usp=sharing

thanks in advance !

Sincerely Johan

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @johan,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

tl;dr
    Can you try the following:

- Choose a "Region" from the dropdown list. "None" means no region selected. Maybe try "EU" or "US"...Or even switch "Hosting" to "Best Region".
    - Switch to "UDP" and try again.

---

Photon Voice includes PUN.
    If you are going to use Photon Voice to connect to Photon Cloud you will need an AppID of a compatible type. If you don't need Photon Voice and PUN only then get PUN package instead.
    PUN supports both UDP and TCP.
    Photon Voice on Photon Cloud does not support TCP. You can still use Photon Voice to connect to a self-hosted Photon Server using TCP. We believe UDP is better and we leave it up to you when you self-host.
    From the stack trace and the screenshot of the PhotonServerSettings, this exception in PUN and not Photon Voice, so I moved this discussion to PUN category.
  • Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , "Photon Voice on Photon Cloud does not support TCP" It is quite obvious and understandable thanks !!