Working Photon server when moved to a user in Japan is unable to launch with a DNS error in the logs

Options
People in our US office have no problem running the photon server but when given to somebody in our Japan office, there appears to be a DNS error when starting up photon. Oddly enough the log for load balancer indicates the master was started correctly, but then the game server fails with this error. The only changes made to run it on his machine was going into the photon controller config and find-replace my local IP with his local ip, and then the same on the loadbalancer game and master config files.

7316: 08:48:45.143 - Application: "Master" started in app domain: 2
7316: 08:48:45.143 - About to load application: Game from Photon.LoadBalancing
7316: 08:48:45.143 - Auto restart is enabled for application, existing connections will be terminated during restart
7316: 08:48:45.143 - Application will restart 1000ms after the last change detected
7316: 08:48:45.143 - Application will restart if files matching the following are changed: "dll;config"
7316: 08:48:45.143 - Application will NOT restart if files matching the following are changed: "log4net.config"
7316: 08:48:45.193 - Taking reference on default app domain
7316: 08:48:45.237 - Game:3 - Start() failed. Exception:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at Photon.LoadBalancing.GameServer.GameApplication.UpdateMasterEndPoint() in d:\dev\photon-socketserver-sdk_cloud\src-server\LoadBalancing\LoadBalancing\GameServer\GameApplication.cs:line 179
at Photon.LoadBalancing.GameServer.GameApplication..ctor() in d:\dev\photon-socketserver-sdk_cloud\src-server\LoadBalancing\LoadBalancing\GameServer\GameApplication.cs:line 70
at...
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at Photon.LoadBalancing.GameServer.GameApplication.UpdateMasterEndPoint() in d:\dev\photon-socketserver-sdk_cloud\src-server\LoadBalancing\LoadBalancing\GameServer\GameApplication.cs:line 179
at Photon.LoadBalancing.GameServer.GameApplication..ctor() in d:\dev\photon-socketserver-sdk_cloud\src-server\LoadBalancing\LoadBalancing\GameServer\GameApplication.cs:line 70
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.CreateInstance(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.PhotonPlainAppDomainBehavior.Start(String assemblyName, String typeName, String instanceName, String applicationName, IPhotonApplicationSink sink, ILogToUnmanagedLog logger, IControlListeners listenerControl)
at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.Start(String assemblyName, String typeName, String instanceName, String applicationName, IPhotonApplicationSink sink, ILogToUnmanagedLog logger, IControlListeners listenerControl)
7316: 08:48:45.238 - Game:3 - Stop() failed.

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    Hi, @ZigzaTom
    Defenetly bug is in your loadbalancing config for GameServer. you've set master server address which is valid for you in US office and invalid in Japan.

best,
    ilya
  • ZigzaTom
    ZigzaTom
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We simply did a find and replace of my local IP with his local IP in that config file. How would that be invalid? It also seems strange that master could start but game could not because we copied one on top of the other. Also I don't know that it matters but for whatever reason there local IPs look like 10.0.0.52 and for me local IPs have always been 192.168.1.xxx
  • chvetsov
    Options
    i can not say anything without seeing of your configs and logs. Please send us e-mail developer@photonengine.com with logs, configs and reference to this topic

best,
    ilya
  • ZigzaTom
    Options
    Ok I will have him send me them when he gets in(1am there now) and I will also drop them into my folder and see if I can start with them. If I cannot see any problems then I will forward them on to the mail as requested. Thanks for your continued support on these forums!