Not connecting to room with Unity 2017.4.2f2 and PUN Voice 1.13.1

edited May 2 in Photon Voice
Is anyone else having this issue?

I had been using Unity 2017.1.1f1 with PUN Voice 1.13 and everything was working fine with room connections and multiplayer. I recently upgraded to Unity 2017.4.2f2 and it still works.

However, if I update to PUN Voice 1.13.1 (which includes PUN 1.89), the clients fail to connect with other rooms, saying none were found with matching custom properties (both are searching for the same properties with values 0 and 0). In which case, they both just open a new empty room and wait for others to join.

I rolled back to 1.13 with exactly the same code and steps, and the game works as intended.

Code below:
RoomOptions RoomOps;

void Start ()
{
               RoomOps = new RoomOptions ();
               RoomOps.CustomRoomPropertiesForLobby = new string[] { "mo", "st" };
               RoomOps.CustomRoomProperties = new ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable () { { "mo", 0 }, { "st", 0 } };
               RoomOps.MaxPlayers = 2;

if (PhotonNetwork.connected)
                              JoinRoom ();
               else
                              PhotonNetwork.ConnectToRegion (CloudRegionCode.us, Settings.VersionStr);
}

public override void OnConnectedToMaster ()
{
               JoinRoom ();
}

void JoinRoom ()
{
               PhotonNetwork.JoinRandomRoom (RoomOps.CustomRoomProperties, RoomOps.MaxPlayers);
}

Comments

• Hi @crystalpug,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

This is expected if you update PUN.
    Read about Versioning in PUN.
  • Hi @JohnTube, thanks for the suggestion but that's not the issue. I am building to both devices each time with the same version (PC & PC, or PC & tablet).
  • Could you go through our Matchmaking Checklist?
  • Hi @JohnTube, thanks I've checked through the list and I'm doing everything in it
  • I assume you are creating a new room if none was found, so both clients end up creating two separate/different rooms.
    Is that so?
    Do you explicitly name the rooms?

Maybe it is a timing issue then.
    Probably you are trying to call JoinRandomRoom "at the same time" from the two clients.
    Try waiting for the room creation to be complete and for one client to join a room then do it from the other one.
    You could rely on AppStats or on FindFriends to make sure there is a room already and the other client is already in a room.