PhotonVoiceRecorder - Microphone Type - Photon

If on the PhotonVoiceRecorder - Microphone Type I select Photon, then it doesn't matter what Microphone I set it to use like this:
PhotonVoiceNetwork.MicrophoneDevice = "Razer Mic";

As it always defaults to what Windows has as it's default.

Is there something else I need to do?

Comments

• JohnTubeJohnTube mod
    edited April 26
    Can you try "Assets\PUNVoice\TestVoice" scene?
    It gives you the option to choose which mic.

btw what platform are you using?
    The "Microphone Type" is still undocumented, it means whether you use Unity's built-in audio input API or the native/"direct" access to device's input hardware for the four major platforms: Windows, macOS, Android and iOS as we build native plugins for each.
    Unity's Microphone may be limited in some ways like dynamic/runtime device switching and or echo/noise cancellation, etc.
  • I found a way around it, I set PhotonVoiceNetwork.PhotonMicrophoneDeviceID to switch microphones.

I'm using Windows, macOS and Linux. Does that mean it's going to fail on Linux?

Why is it undocumented, I'd also like to know what the "Type Convert" dropdown does too?
  • There also is a bug where the "Microphone Type" dropdown does not save its settings on a prefab (think it's caused after switching Target Platforms)

Trying to enforce the Photon Microphone Type also caused a lot of issues for existing players that there Microphones stopped working.
    "Logitech G533 wireless headset" was one of them on Windows.
    and another had issues on the Mac with a different headset (don't have the name anymore as the post was deleted)
    I had to roll back to use Unity's Microphone.