issues on deploying photon onto devices

I try to deploy the pun tutorial onto the PC and it works perfectly fine. But it doesn't work as expected when deployed devices such as android or hololens.It directly loads onto the 'leave game' page rather than loading the lobby first.

Does any software has to be installed onto the hololens. For android,I read that unity pro is required ,is it true..

How do I solve this issue?

https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/current/tutorials/pun-basics-tutorial/intro

Comments

• Hi @its_me0978,

if you are using Unity 4.x you either need to have the Pro version of Unity or PUN+ to deploy on Android (and iOS). However I'm pretty sure, that you are using a newer version of Unity. Beginning with Unity 5 you don't need a Pro version to deploy on mobile devices anymore. Deploying on Android and iOS also works with the free version of PUN.

Please also check out the other demos from the PUN package and see if those are working on you Android device.

For the HoloLens: PUN is compatible with the HoloLens. Depending on the used Unity version, export settings for the build might be different as Unity continues switching components. So you most likely have to figure out which exports settings you have to set for the UWP build.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @its_me0978,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Does any software has to be installed onto the hololens.
    No.
    For android,I read that unity pro is required ,is it true
    Unity Pro is required only if you are still using Unity version 4. If you are using Unity 5 or Unity 2017 or Unity 2018 you don't need that.

What are the Unity and PUN versions you use?
    Can you get the logs from devices?
  • its_me0978
    edited March 2018
    Hi @Christian_Simon @JohnTube , Thanks for helping me out..
    I'm currently using 2017.3 version of unity..
    v1.89 PUN