Steam Authentication

Options
Hey guys,

I tried adding Steam authentication to my Steam game and I have already setup the authentication for the app in the Photon Engine website, but now I am wondering how to authenticate from the game side?

Do I have to set 'CustomAuthenticationType'? Where/how do I send the user's Steam ID? How do I get this to work?

This is my code so far pastebin

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ZeroByter,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Did you follow our documentation guide for Steam Auth?
    Why do you have the code commented out?
  • ZeroByter
    Options
    JohnTube said:

Hi @ZeroByter,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Did you follow our documentation guide for Steam Auth?
    Why do you have the code commented out?

I commented out because Visual Studio marked it as incorrect.

I only now saw the documentation you sent. Before I was following this which didn't really make sense.

I will give the docs you linked a go and I will reply here how it went.
  • ZeroByter
    Options
    @JohnTube

So I tried what you sent, but for some reason I get these two errors now: screenshot

This is my new code: pastebin

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What value did you set for verifyOwnership from dashboard?
    If not set or if set to true, try changing to false.
  • ZeroByter
    Options
    @JohnTube

Hello again, and thanks for your help.

I changed verifyOwnership to false and waited approximately 7 minutes for the update to propagate, when I tried to start up the game again I got the exact same error but the time it took for this weird authentication error to popup was much quicker, which tells me that the verifyOwnership authentication wasn't the problem since it wasn't taken into account and the error still occurred, but quicker.
  • ZeroByter
    Options
    I found the problem.

I was using 0 and 1 instead of true and false, since those are the default values when creating the Steam authentication on the website.

I changed the values accordingly and now it works! Thanks for the help and I hope I helped someone reading this in the future having a similar problem.