Photon Player Class

Does the Photon Player properties sync over the network? The reason I ask is because Room properties does, so I'd assume they do, but not sure, never used Player Properties before. Tried to look them up, but I'll keep looking.

I've been trying to think of how I can go about syncing player weapons in hands over network (like if they change weapons during game) E.G. - M16 to RPG to Pistol, etc, rather not use RPC's, because Buffered RPC's as we know aren't good to use for everything, and normal RPC's don't sync to joining players.

Thank you,
David Watts.

Comments

• Yes, player custom properties are synced over the network.
  • Yes, player custom properties are synced over the network.

Thanks man.
    But the question is, would this be the proper way to do it? VIA properties? Or should I deal with perhaps something else?
  • Theoretically it should be better, but also trickier. I personally use Buffered RPCs for weapon switching and for now i don't see any problems.
  • Theoretically it should be better, but also trickier. I personally use Buffered RPCs for weapon switching and for now i don't see any problems.

But don't buffered RPC's stay in the match forever until you clear them (all) out?

Or do Buffered RPC's stay for as long as the (player) doesn't die and PhotonNetwork.Instantiate again for spawning. If that's the case, may just do that if I can't get what I'm trying to do to work.

But it's my understanding Buffered RPC's stay for like - ever until you clear them out. But don't want to do that, because I might clear out something important.

I'll be having 64 player matches in photon server, so scared to use too too many buffers, unless they clear out when you use another PhotonNetwork.instantiate.
  • Photon Server?
    I think you should ask questions here:
    http://forum.photonengine.com/categories/server

Different products = different problems = different solutions.
    Here we can only dream about 64 players :D
  • Photon Server?
    I think you should ask questions here:
    http://forum.photonengine.com/categories/server

Different products = different problems = different solutions.
    Here we can only dream about 64 players :D

Oh I know about that forum, but sense this is the actual PUN Related that's why I asked here instead.
    Believe it or not, Photon Server standard is exactly the same thing as PUN, only you put the server(s) where you want and that's it. Put the IP to the server and done. Now of course doing server side stuff is harder (such as custom logic) E.G. - Anti-Cheating systems.

But actually I think i can use buffered RPC's I just looked at PhotonNetwork.RemoveRPCs and it says I can remove them from a PhotonPlayer. So what i could do is, every time I switch a weapon, before I make the switch I remove the old RPC from the player :) May just do it this way then if that's the case.