A game with the specified id already exist

Options
Hey guys! I reaching out for some help, having a problem with this: As it's always 4 players in a game and it works fine 95% of the times and we get a normal PhotonID. But sometimes when 4 players are seated we get PhotonID=11 or 10, just out of the blue and as long as its only one table using photonid=11 its fine, but there can comes 2-3 tables using same PhotonID and the problems starts, sync issues, games not starting etc.

Here is the issue:
Operation failed: OperationResponse 227: ReturnCode: 32766 (A game with the specified id already exist.). Parameters: {} Server: MasterServer

Like I said, this happens very rare but it happens, any suggestions?
/Tommy

Comments

• Hi @Endeavour,

The error message states, that operation 227 isn't working. OperationCode 227 is for creating a room. The entire error message states, that you are trying to create a room with a name which has already been created and which is still available and not closed.
  • DDeathlonger
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm getting this error also, (also on rare occasion, but would like to solve it before release obviously).

I've attempted to do one of these types of things:

string roomName = "Room " + (PhotonNetwork.countOfRooms + 1);

for (int i = 0; i < PhotonNetwork.GetRoomList().Length; i++)
    {
    if (PhotonNetwork.GetRoomList()[i].Name == roomName)
    throw new System.Exception("Room Already Exists");
    }

But it never says the "Room Already Exists" error... and still shows the other error.. :/:'(
  • DDeathlonger
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The only thing that I can figure is that rooms don't automatically close when they are emptied and need to be closed manually (thus booting the masterClient instead of the masterClient leaving)

check out PhotonNetwork.room.EmptyRoomTtl
  • Hi @DDeathlonger,

which values do you use for EmptyRoomTtl and PlayerTtl when creating the room?
  • @Christian_Simon hey, thanks for responding,
    I'm not sure, I haven't had the issue since this comment, but if it comes up again I'll look.
    Thank you for the reply.