Network player cannot join the room

I am developing a network game app using Unity 2017.3.0f3 & Photon PUN. My PhotonServerSettings are Best Region(Hosting), Eveything(Enabled Regions) & Udp.
My phone is Galaxy Note FE (SM-N935L) and the Android version is 7.0. And my app set the Minimum API Level to 4.1.

I can play the game with Galaxy S6 Edge (Android version 7.0). It goes perfectly fine.
However, an user with Galaxy J7 (Android version 6.0.1) phone cannot find the room that I made. The user seems to make new room. I tried it many times, but it keeps making new room, even though a room exists.
I wonder why this happens. Did I miss something or any hardware/software limitations?
Any advice will be so appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @mhhk88,

this shouldn't be a hardware problem. Can you confirm that the room is open and visible and allows more than one player at all? What happens when you try to join the room from the Unity Editor for example? Is it working? Have you already tried using two Standalone Builds instead of Android Builds?

If you can't get this working, please post the code snippets where you create the room and where you try to join the room.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mhhk88,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Check the "Matchmaking Checklist" first.
  • mhhk88
    mhhk88
    edited August 2018
    Thanks both of you for the replies.
    Matchmaking Checklist says "Only players connected to same region can play with each other no matter what device or platform they're using." But I want to play this game with any players from all over the world. So I set 'Enabled regions ' to everything. Isn't it possible?
    Anyway, I am in South Korea and my testers are in Vietenam. I was OK to play with one of them.
    And I was not OK with the other.

I put some source code relevant to the problem(Unity c#) here...
    public string version = "v1.0";
    ---
    void Awake() {
        PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings(version);
    }
    void OnJoinedLobby() {
    ... // nothing significant
    }
    void OnJoinedRoom() {
    ... // nothing significant
    }
    public void OnClickJoinRandomRoom() {
        PhotonNetwork.JoinRandomRoom();
    }
    public void PressPlayBtn() { //*** this is the main procedure for finding or creating a room
        bool isJoined = false;
        foreach(RoomInfo ri in PhotonNetwork.GetRoomList()) {
            if (ri.PlayerCount < ri.MaxPlayers) {
                PhotonNetwork.JoinRoom(ri.Name);
                isJoined = true;
                break;
            }
        }
        if (!isJoined) {
            string roomName = "SF" + Random.Range(0, 100000).ToString("D6");
            RoomOptions roomOptions = new RoomOptions();
            roomOptions.IsOpen = true;
            roomOptions.IsVisible = true;
            roomOptions.MaxPlayers = 20;
            PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(roomName, roomOptions, TypedLobby.Default);
        }
    }

Thank you in advance for your time and concern.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @mhhk88,

Best Region

This is why players could connect to different regions.
    You can explicitly choose one region for all players to connect to.
  • hi @JohnTube

In the PhotonServerSettings, Best Region is one of Hosting menu. It has 'Not Set', 'Photon Cloud', 'Self Hosted', 'Offline Mode' and 'Best Region'. Enabled Regions under the Hosting list 'Nothing',' Everything', 'Eu' and some other area codes.
    And I'm a little confused about your suggestion.

Are you saying that I have to choose one of area codes in Enabled Regions, such as Us or Asia? If so, what item of Hosting should I choose?

Actually I want players from all over the world to play together.
    Is there any way to do it? How about choosing Photon Cloud(Hosting) & Everything(Enabled Regions) ?

Thanks.
  • hi @JohnTube
    I picked Photon Cloud(Hosting) and then Everything in 'Enabled Regions' is gone.
    If I choose Asia (because I am in Asia), users may have to play in Asia no matter where they are, right?
    Isn't that bad in game performance?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I choose Asia (because I am in Asia), users may have to play in Asia no matter where they are, right?
    Yes.
    Isn't that bad in game performance?
    Players far from Asia servers could have high ping yes.
    But you can't have it both ways: only players connected to the same region play with each other.
  • @JohnTube I'd like to ask a somewhat complicated question. This would be the last on this issue.

Suppose I have a lot of users in the future, hopefully^^. I want users from the same area play together for better performance.
    Choosing 'Best Region(Hosting)' and 'Everything(Region)' can be the solution at that time?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choosing 'Best Region(Hosting)' and 'Everything(Region)' can be the solution at that time?
    Sorry I missed this. What do you mean? Is this still relevant now?