How to update SDK on server?

Options
Hi

I can see the current SDK version is:
v4.0.29.11263
When I log into our VM I see that our installed Photon Control is Version: 4.0.28.2962
I assume that in this case, "SDK" and "Photon Control" is the same?

How do we get it to update to latest version? Is it supposed to do so automatically?

I'm asking because we have had some weird issues with clients not being able to find game rooms. Though we consider it just to be when users have networking issues. We take different actions to minimize the implication of the issue, one is to make sure everything is updated.

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @SteffDK

well, there is nothing automatic. you need to update it locally, test and deploy.
    there is a lot reasons for clients not being able to find game rooms.

you should collect logs or at least try to find scenario when this happens

best,
    ilya
  • SteffDK
    Options
    Thanks

However, I didn't set up our server, that guy left. So now I who's not experienced at all with photon needs to try and update it and I can't find any documentation on how to do it. Perhaps because it's a given?
    However, could you point me in direction of "update-documentation" or briefly inform of the steps? Is it simply a re-install of the SDK or...?
  • chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @SetffDK
    yeah, to use new sdk you need just unpack sdk to some folder, and then replace old photon folders with new. i mean you need remove for instance deploy/bin_win64 and update it with new content. same with other libs. it is difficult to give more precise instructions, because i'm not aware about your project structure. But mostly this is abou replacing old stuff with new one.

you should be aware that between v3 and v4 there are breaking changes. So something may not compile.

do not be affraid. just try. you will see that there is nothing complecated

best,
    ilya