Photon Room Capacity

Options
Our project is an MMO requiring very simple player object synchronization (no animations and communication handled in our own back-end API). While it will be necessary for us to manage interest and which other players and objects the player can see, the game would transparently by-pass lobby and room selection and automatically place all players in the same room of the same region. CCU requirements are unknown at this early stage, but we are curious as to the limitations placed on how many players can be in a photon "room" at the same time. How many players can Photon cloud be configured to handle in the same room at the same time?

Comments

• edgrimaldi
    Options
    I think I found the answer to this in another thread. Simply put, it's not the number of players in a room, but rather the number of messages per second that matter. So this may be difficult. My new question is this:

Is there a way to monitor message per second during testing? Is this information revealed somewhere in real or near-real time?
  • Hi @edgrimaldi,

Is there a way to monitor message per second during testing? Is this information revealed somewhere in real or near-real time?

You can find such information by analyzing the related AppId on the Dashboard.