Option to set becomeInactive to false when master kick a player using CloseConnection

Options
igrir
igrir
Greetings!

I've upgraded the PUN to V1.88 and acknowledged there's an update about becomeInactive parameter on LeaveRoom method, and it helped me a lot! However I found that when a player kicked by master (using PhotonNetwork.CloseConnection) he/she was still on the room. After some crawling on the code I found the method itself called by NetworkingPeer.cs line 2614 and it's calling PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom() without a parameter.

I suggest the CloseConnection method also provide a parameter whether targeted player become inactive or not.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi @igrir,

Thank you for choosing Photon and for your suggestion!

I personally think it's a good idea and it may make sense.

Although CloseConnection was meant as a "fake" kick.
    It should not be abused.
    Adding the parameter may make it more "dangerous" as you may force another player to "abandon a room for good".
    Well, technically he can still join the room with a new actor number.

Anyway, @jeanfabre should know better.
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Good point , I have raised a ticket internally, I am going to study this and implement it so that indeed when you kick a player from the room it doesn't become inactive, that doesn't make sense.

Bye,

Jean
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

Ok, the next version of PUN will feature a fix for this, meanwhile, you can simply implement in the code, it's easy.

go to NetworkingPeer.cs and locate line 2614

change " PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom();" to " PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom(false);"

and then when the closeconnection is called, the player will leave the room without becoming inactive ( default behaviour, of the leaveRoom() call...)

Bye,

Jean