Photon after 8pm GMT makes my game a joke!

After 8pm GMT the lag with photon makes my game totally unplayable. EU servers. I was playing my game with only 2 people and the lag is totally unplayable. Any time during the day its pretty decent but any time after 8pm gmt its totally unplayable. For a paid service, this is a total joke. 2 players and 4 second lag.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @barry100,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

I see this discussion is a duplicate of "My game lags in the evening".

PUN or Realtime app types do not make a difference but if you feel like it does, use Realtime app type in PUN.
    Let's continue discussion there.
    Provide more details, preferably screenshot or video, before and after 8pm GMT.
    You could make use of PhotonNetwork.GetPing() (when joined and not joined) and log server address (PhotonNetwork.ServerAddress).
    Then you could compare servers and even do a tracert or ping to those servers from your computer.
    Please do not share the results on the forum but send them to developer@photonengine.com.
  • @JohnTube would I be better to get my own server set up? Do you think this will make a difference if I get an onpremis server?
  • We have a lot of fast past games on our cloud without issues and fast connections. To investigate, what the issue in your case might be, please get back with your appid and traceroute results at developer@photonengine.com. Thanks.