TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to 159.8.35.122:5055. Check if the server is available.

Options
Hi.
My app is running fine with PUN on Nexus 5x and HTC M8 from Pakistan. But I'm getting the following error on a BlackBerry Priv from Turkey:
TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to 159.8.35.122:5055. Check if the server is available.
DisconnectByClientTimeout

On the BB, I have already confirmed that the app can access the internet. Moreover, when Photon tried to check for Best Region, it got 4000ms for each server and then Photon selected 'eu' as the Best Region. I think all regions are timing out.

I'm running PUN on Best Region, All regions enabled, Udp protocol, Auto-join lobby and Run in Background.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• ercion
    Options
    Anyone?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi @ercion,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

So you are reporting that a client from Turkey cannot connect to any of Photon Cloud regions.

On the BB, I have already confirmed that the app can access the internet
    This is not enough you need to check network ports and firewalls. Here is the list of ports required by Photon Cloud per protocol.

Maybe ask the owner of the BlackBerry to try a different network.
  • ercion
    ercion
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hey @JohnTube
    Thanks for replying!
    JohnTube said:

This is not enough you need to check network ports and firewalls. Here is the list of ports required by Photon Cloud per protocol.

Alright, let me check.
    JohnTube said:

Maybe ask the owner of the BlackBerry to try a different network.

He has already tried at least 3 different networks. Work, coffee place and home.

I'm freaking out because the BB guy is the actual client that I'm developing the game for. And this error has already cost him an investor.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ercion,

I apologize about the inconvenience, could you tell your client to try a different device?
    Maybe send him a standalone build to test on a PC? or if he's a Unity developer he could try PUN demos.

Can you choose a fixed region ("EU") instead of "Best Region", so we could focus on connecting to Europe servers only.

I'm curious to know how are you collecting logs? is he sending you logs or you are using a telemetry/logging service (client logs automatically sent to server)?