Drag race, car is super fast when on slower device verses same car on faster device!

Options
I have a drag race game setup and all works fine except that running on iPhone7 which is fairly fast device against iPad4th Generation which is a slower device, automatically the car on the iPad4th Gen. is super fast! same code is running on both ends of course, so i don't see why this is happening? any guide or hint would be appreciated.

It's been driving me crazy for days, and i can't find a solution.
Of course tried that one device is master and another is client, and vice versa but nothing solved this. Car on iPad is super fast even without changing gears!!! by the way, both devices running exact same car with exact same configuration, since it comes out of the resources folder. I also tried different cars, even slow cars against fast cars, no matter what, still car on iPad is super fast and finishes the race first always!

Comments

• Hi @samshosho,

that doesn't sound like a PUN (or network) issue to me. I guess the cars are controlled by a Rigidbody component, aren't they? In this case can you confirm that you use a time component when adding force (or similar) to the game object? Adding a time component (for example Time.deltaTime or Time.fixedDeltaTime for Physics objects) is essential.
  • samshosho
    Options
    yeah of course, i actually used the same code that's provided by Photon in their examples.
    Also, if one car on one end is going fast, then shouldn't the other one on the other end also go fast, since they are exact same car and exact same prefab.

What made me think that it's a Photon issue is that everything is identical, the only difference here is that one device is slow and the other is fast. Even if i switch mast and client, same issue.

I have been at this for days now with no solution and tried everything even stuff that was not fully related to the issue, but can't think of anything else right now, that's why i thought maybe someone had an issue similar to this one might shed some light here. Or an experienced Photon personnel.
  • yeah of course, i actually used the same code that's provided by Photon in their examples.

Which one do you use?