How to allow player to create their own server

Options
Waloucg
Waloucg
edited September 2017 in Photon Server
Hi, im a user of PUN and today i would like to try Photon server because i think its the good method for what i want to do now, wich is allowing player to create their own server (Or room maybe, im not really sure how to call it, actually my question is about that) but i don't really understand how to handle that. I know the question was asked alot of time but mostly for PUN and i don't want you to give me like a fully project with all the script inside, i just need some answer and maybe some documentation reference on how to display the server in the master server. So, do i need to have the main server with a unlimited ccu plan and player hosting just a room or each player who want to create they server should have their own photon free 100ccu and then manage it to appear in the server browser ? My goal its to let player manage their own server, and save some data of players in a database (or other stuff ?) so when they join the server later they get back their data (or when the server restart) but with PUN its more like you play the game, then all player its disconnected and the room deleted/recreated, so if you can give me some way on how to do that it would be appreciated. Also sorry for my bad english i do my best, thank you for you help.

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @Waloucg
    using link below you may find docs and tutorials for different our producs. please check it first
    https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/onpremise/current/getting-started/photon-server-intro

then you will understand better what you need and we will be able to help you. In general your players are not able to create servers only rooms

best,
    ilya
  • Waloucg
    Options
    hi @chvetsov and thank you for the answer, i already check the docs that you are linking, you said its good for minecraft type of game, which actually allow player to create their server. So is that possible ? How i can give to the player the right to create room or server and save the data ? Another way i though about is to sell room to player, and offer them a control panel inside the game for manage their room (with option i provide to them) so they can help me to paid the main server and have their own room so,that act like an player server (One room should have 40/50 player max) but the problem is how to save the data of all the player and let the room opened 24/24h even if it as no user inside, is that possible ? Because the player have only the right to manage their room inside the game, i don't have to give them any files, and i can manage all the room and their data inside the main server, and save their data maybe in a database like MySQL for each room, i don't know if i can manage that in simple text files ?.
    After using PUN i know rooms can have different value but with the same variable wich is good for have room with their own configuration defined by the player who buy the room.
    So, what do you think, its a good way for let player manage their own server (wich is actually room) but can photon server can do that ? Maybe you have some idea on how i can handle that.
    Thank you for your help, have a nice day !
  • chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @Waloucg

you can not create servers. With servers you basically have 3 options:
    - self host
    - public cloud
    - enterprise cloud

you may use plugins to save and restore data you need. you may use for instance WebHooks plugin. it will allow you to use http server(s) as backends. you may write your own plugin, but in this case you are limited by self host and enterprise cloud options

all your ideas about managing rooms by players may be implemented. but probobably it will be difficult to implement them using only WebHooks
    but you might be inspired by web hooks and create plugin based on it. and it will perform all the checks you need in your case.

Please, try to be short in your questions

best,
    ilya
  • Waloucg
    Options
    Hi @chvetsov
    I read alot last night about dedicated server and stuff and obivously, i need to create my own thing with master server and create a server executable for hosting server unless of have one player in the game hosting it, from scratch, or by using uNET and create it, i will avoid to ask you question about uNET but i don't think photon server is what im looking for after all, i will probably stay on PUN or uNET (for that kind of stuff) thank you for your help i understand better how all of that work now.
    have a nice day