Android crash on PUN joining room (Unity 2017 + android >= 4.1 ) Helppp needed

Options
Hi,

I am recently upgraded my project to use Unity 2017.1.0f3. Everything works fine except when i try to join or create and join a room. The previous version of Unity 5.6 works, i did update to the latest Photon from AssetStore but the issue remains.

Any urgent help?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @fsufyan,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Does the crash happen on our demos? if not try the demos, any one.
    Does the crash happen on Unity Editor only or a build on other platform(s) as well? if so which one(s)?
    Can you get any useful logs from files?
  • fsufyan
    Options
    Thank you for the rapid response!
    I've just checked the demo Rock-Paper-Scissor and it works fine. What do i do now?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The issue is probably in your code then start by debugging PUN callbacks (add logs inside them) and increasing log level to see at which point the crash happens.
  • fsufyan
    Options
    I modified my code to just create and join rooms and display the status on a unity text component, still crashing on android after creating room and joining or when joining existing room.
    I mean my code works for Unity 5.6 smoothly and i can play multiplayer games only 2017 is the problem.

Is there is any advanced way to debug what is really happening with photon on the device?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the thing is you still believe it can only be related to Photon while you tested a PUN demo and it worked.
    the issue could be elsewhere.
    so you need to know what is really causing the crash and at which point the crash happens.
  • fsufyan
    Options
    Ok i handled the issue and it wasn't from photon itself but from my code that handles bad connection and timeouts.
    Thank you JohnTube for bearing with me :)