Controlling a model from different devices

Options
My project has a single model that I want only master to control but am in the test phase and so in theory both can control the model, and have done this:

Attached a PhotonView to the model and set its transform to be observed on position, rotation and scale.

I then run my app on editor(master) and on Android(client) and when I manipulate the model it is correctly reflected on the Android device ( cool).

But if I then manipulate the model on the Android device it does not reflect on the editor.

My aim is to have the master initially control the model but with the ability to pass control over to other players.

I am not instantiating anything the scene simply has the model in it that all players can see, hope that makes sense.

Loving Photon, although hope I am not missing something :blush:

Comments

• piginhat
    Options
    just to add some more info, as maybe I am missing something.

I don't instantiate a player when they join the room but when the master starts the game like so PhotonNetwork.LoadLevel (2); and at which point all players load the same level.

In the loaded level is the model which everyone can see and as master movers, rotates, scales it so all players see the changes, which makes sense.

What does not make sense is if any other player manipulates the model which they can do it does not reflect back to master, which does confuse me?
  • piginhat
    Options
    So I go the heads up from another source on YouTube that has resolved my issue.

I have created a joystick controller on a canvas and made it a prefab. I then instantiate this as local when master without a PhotonView attached so it only appears on the master device :-)