Challenge Offline Player

Options
Hello I would like to implement the following feature in my game: Player A challenges Player B. Player A plays the game and scores a certain number of points. If Player B is not online when he is challenged the challenge is stored and when Player B opens the app and comes back online I would like the app to inform him that Player A has challenged him and that he has scored x points. Is this possible? I was thinking to do this with Photon Chat: Ie Player A sends a private message to Player B with the challenge and after he has played he sends another private message with the number of points. The issue is that player B does not have to be online at the moment but has to receive the challenge when he comes back online and I can't find if Photon Chat supports this feature. Anyone has an idea on how I could implement this? With another Chat service or with some other method. I am open to all ideas. Thankyou in advance

Answers

• Darwin96
    Options
    Specification : I am using Unity and Photon
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi @Darwin96,

Thank you for choosing Photon and sorry for the delay!

Yes you can achieve this if you combine Photon with a web server.
    Both Photon Realtime and Photon Chat can persist room and channel state respectively using Realtime Webhooks or Chat Webhooks (similar concepts).