When the master client switching from WiFi to 4G, the master switchover delays

When the master client is connected via wifi, and turns it off (waiting for 4G to kick in), I would expect for immediate switchover of the master client to someone else. Instead, the switchover occurs only when the troublesome player is reconnected (!). just to be clear, the master client switches to someone else. but it happens only after the client that was the master is connected, or at least very close to that exact time.
Same behavior on transition from 4G to WIFI.
I'm working in TCP protocol.
Any thoughts? how can i avoid this time gap, during which i in fact have no master client

Answers

• Hi @ManEatingSheep,

[...] but it happens only after the client that was the master is connected, or at least very close to that exact time.

In this case that is the correct behaviour because the client gets a timeout after round about 10 seconds, in worse cases this can take some more seconds. As long as the client don't get the timeout, he won't try to connect again, also if there is a new network connection available. The reconnect takes place immediately after knowing about the timeout and if there is a network connection available.

Any thoughts? how can i avoid this time gap, during which i in fact have no master client

Under certain circumstances there simply - but sadly - is no way to handle this, at least as far as I would say. If you didn't have already I would recommend you reading Master Client and Host Migration guide and see if it provides you some kind of satisfying solution.