Unity Photon self host doesnt take my public ip

Options
So i have a problem i have my own application Phoon server running and game ip config is set to my public ip
and then i go to unity and go to the photon server settings and i set it as self host and i set my ip as the ip in the application but wen i play it like the connection it gets stuck in peerCreated and if i change it to local ip it works but i need the public one fire wall is off my laptop is attached to my router i dont get it can someone help.

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @Zidlyx.
    so, your computer is behind the router. and if you set public ip that means that you actually set ip of the router. so you need to setup port forwarding from external address to internal.

your photon server config should attach listeners to all _available_ for this pc addreses by setting 0.0.0.0 instead of address. So it will be attached only to address which your machine has. but in LoadBalancing.dll.config you need to set you public IP for GS. this public ip will be sent to your players and they will use it to connect to your server

best,
    ilya