Can I use the loadbalancing client SDK for .NET for performance tests in S2S application?

Hi.

I want do load testing to LoadBalancing cluster(1 master & several game servers) on Photon Server.
I found that it needs to implement S2S application from this document, but I have questions.

Can I use the loadbalancing client SDK for .NET in performance test S2S application?

I know the document says "the client SDKs and libraries are not intended to be used in load tests", but I didn't find what specific points for that.
Re-Implementation process of Loadbalancing is too hard for me, and I want to avoid "reinventing the wheel" as much as possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi, again
    >Can I use the loadbalancing client SDK for .NET in performance test S2S application?
    we do not recommend to use client SDK because for every connection client sdk creates thread. so, if you have 500 connections your system needs to manage 500 threads. this is quite difficult and cpu consuming.

you may check loadbalancing tests to get some ideas for implemnting S2S client. you also may copy some code from there

best,
    ilya
  • Hi:)
    Thanks for telling me about the client SDK behaviors.

I found its code in `src-server\LoadBalancing\Stardust.Client` so I'll check it.

Thanks.