libPhotonSocketPlugin.a 64bits

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm in a quite bad situation when I have to release an iOs app I've made three years ago on the app store.

But some things have changed like the Apple Policy for the 64 bits submission. At this time, Photon wasn't built the same way (If I am not mistaken).

I've redownloaded Photon assets but I can't seem to find any libPhotonSocketPlugin.a which seems to make the build fail since the old one isn't 64 bits.

So long story short, to avoid to recode the whole game. Did this library ever existed in 64 bits? Is anyone capable of sending it to me?

Thanks in advance for any help

Best regards

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi @JangoJango.

libPhotonSocketPlugin is a native Plugin, which makes the socket functionality of our C++ Clients available for our Unity Clients and gets used on platforms on which Unity does not properly support sockets, so that we can use the native C++ sockets of the platform itself instead.

Back in Unity 4 times Unity restricted Unity Free to not be able to use C# sockets on mobile platfroms, so PUN+ included an iOS and an Android build of our PhotonSocketPlugin to use the socket functionality of our C++ Android / iOS Client SDK instead, which uses plain C BSD sockets on these platforms, which made PUN+ the only realtime networking solution available for Unity that supported iOS and Android with the Free version of Unity.
    PUN Free never included the PhotonSocketPlugin for these platforms.

Starting with Unity 5 Unity removed the "no C# sockets on mobile platforms" restriction of Unity Free.
    Therefor we only include PhotonSocketPlugin for iOS and Android in Unity 4 builds of PUN+, while Unity 5 builds of PUN+ simply use Unity standard C# sockets.

Wit Unity 5 PhotonSocketPlugin only gets used for some console platforms, but not for mobile platforms anymore.

If you download the PUN+ version in Unity 4, that download should include an iOS build of PhotonSocketPlugin that supports 64bit.

However when you use Unity 5 by now, then you should remove the old PUN folder and replace it completely with a download of the most recent version of PUN.
    That way you make sure that there aren't any files from older PUN versions still around that are not used by up to date versions any longer. For the reasons that I have explained above, PhotonSocketPlugin is not needed in that case.
  • JangoJango
    Options
    Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this. And quickly.
    Alright. I'll try with the new PUN, but back in the days I was using UnityScript and from what I remember, it takes few manipulations to make it work.
    I'll give my feedbacks here if I succeed or not