Joining a server with other players on separate versions -- shouldn't happen, right?

Options
In the live version, people join "v0.8.30b", for example. In our test version, players join version "1". However, both versions are thrown together in the same lobby: I read that they should be separated by versions.

Anyone know what would cause this? Is there a setting I missed?

PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings("1");

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @xblade724,

Yes you are right.

Please verify that Unity Collab or something else is not messing with the versioning.
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi @xblade724.

Are you by any chance connecting to a self-hosted Photon Server instance?
    Separating clients based on app ID and app version is only supported on Photon Cloud, but not on Photon Server.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Kaiserludi for pointing that out, I forgot to check or mention this important detail.
  • xblade724
    xblade724
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the swift responses -- They are both PUN :) but good to know in the future, if I ever check out server.

Collab has been known to desync, but only causes trouble if you didn't double check the values. As soon as you confirm the values are what they should be, this rules collab out:

We double checked and this is coming from a constant value that's definitely "1" and the live version is a separate constant that's definitely not "1". Any other clues?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No sorry, this is the only report we receive about such issue.