Photon Stopping problem

Options
Hi.
We use photon server and loadbalancing to store player data on an sql server 2014. Recently , our users grow and we have encountered a few problem . The main one is that the cpu usage of our virtual server that host Photon server exceed 100% because of Sql server operations and then suddenly make photon load balancing to stop . We have to monitor photon loadbalancing to see if it stopped and if yes , then make it start again . I want to know if there is a AutoRestart option for loadbalancing so we have not to start it manually .

Thank you for your answers.

Comments

• RandomMan
    Options
    Same, I too want know how to restart server in code.
  • chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @mujpir and @RandomMan

it your database activity so high, then you need to setup dedicated server for database, because DB activitiy confuses our LoadBalancer.
    Lets assume you have deployed everything on same machine - Master Server, GameServer and DB Server. then when DB Server will take 100 % of cpu, your GameServer will be marked as unavailable. and you will be able to create game on this GameServer.

in order to restart your Photon instance all you need is register photon as a service (using PhotonControl) and set it up so that it will be restarted after failure. this can me done in MMC. look into service properties

best,
    ilya
  • RandomMan
    Options
    But how to restart server using code? Something like this Photon.Restart etc for I be able do it without acces to VPS with server!
  • chvetsov
    Options
    you can not restart photon from code

best,
    ilya
  • RandomMan
    Options
    sooo sad(
  • mujpir
    Options
    Thank you @chvetsov mod . It really help