Photon Realtim frequently disconnects

I have a lot of problems with Photon Cloud in my project, so I'm not sure it's my problem.
Photon seems to have a lot of connectivity issues... frequently has problem establishing or maintaining a connection. For the realtime game I get "State: Disconnected, Timout: Disconnectd by server. The server did not get a response in time".
So, I guess the question is... how can the connectivity be improved, or how can I best deal with connection failure?

Comments

• Hi,

We are on the case, we'll let you know the progress via our private communication channels. Basically, it will be a combination of moving from the cloud to a dedicated hosting where we'll be able to fine tune the server time out to match your gameplay requirements, as well as nailing down a working system for automatic reconnection and rejoin on disconnected players.

your case is not common because you are sending a very very low amount of data at very large intervals and so the cloud server thinks the user is gone.

Bye,

Jean
  • As you use TCP in the game now, the problem is very likely your connection, hardware or ISP.
    Also, we're in touch via Skype and mail directly. Let's not start yet another communication path, to avoid confusion.