Photon Voice High CPU Usage

Options
Hello,
In testing out our Photon Voice integration, we noticed that both Unity and built stand alone executables are running at a very high CPU (150%-300%). I have noticed the same exact spike in CPU when testing out the DemoVoice project provided with the Photon Voice download.

I was wondering if anybody had advice on how to troubleshoot what might be the issue? I'm not seeing anything in the logs that indicates what might be causing the problem, but perhaps I'm not looking for the right log statements. If there is anything I can provide which would help, please let me know and I'll try to see what I can find.

Thanks,

Build:
- Unity 5.6.1f1
- Client Build: macOS 10.12.5
- Server: Self hosted Photon (Photon-OnPremise-Server-SDK_v4-0-29-11263)
- Photon Voice: v1.91 (according to the changelog.txt file)

Comments

• mr_bulldops
    Options
    Quick followup:
    1- We've tried this on both our own hosted photon server as well as photon cloud, and both yielded the same hight CPU usage
    2- We did test this on a Windows build of the demo and the CPU reached ~30%.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @mr_bulldops (Adam),

@vadim our main Voice developer is on vocation.
    but we have received your report and we thank you for it.
    we will look into this asap.

Hi @mt2020, @chordogg,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Please do let us know:
    - Unity version
    - Photon Voice version
    - Platform(s) where you experience the high CPU usage.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can you also provide Unity Profiler logs or screenshots?
  • mr_bulldops
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Couldn't figure out how to attach files directly in the forum, so here is a Google Drive link with a screenshot and the profile from running it saved

My system CPU was showing about a 150% with me as the only client attached. It does seem to increase with each person that joins the session

Also, for the record, this data is from running the DemoVoice-Scene.unity scene, not our project
  • vadim
    Options
    We are working on the issue right now.
    Please try quick fix and let us know if it helps: download https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfqc4457ozuinhe/VoiceClient.cs and replace Assets\Plugins\PhotonVoiceApi\Core\VoiceClient.cs
  • mr_bulldops
    Options
    Thank you @vadim. Tried some tests today with your patch and it significantly lowered the CPU
  • ColinNorthway
    Options
    Yes! This has been driving me crazy! This quick fix helped me out a LOT.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The current Voice version (1.10) should have this issue fixed already.
    Please check.